Oh man, this is one of my favorite times of the year. It’s the season of one of my favorite fruits (and emojis): PEACHES. August is National Peach Month and let’s celebrate its perfect goodness with an easy and tasty Peach & Raspberry Crisp recipe that I look forward to making every single year.
This recipe tastes heavenly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It takes a little time to prepare, but in the end, it’s 100% worth it.
Let’s get right to it.
(I originally got this recipe from Our Best Bites, but I tweaked it slightly)
Ingredients for the Filling:
– 3 lbs of ripe peaches (6-8), peeled, pitted, and sliced into wedges
– 1/2 – 1 cup of raspberries
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
– Pinch salt
– pinch of cinnamon
– pinch of ground nutmeg
Ingredients for topping:
– 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup flour
– 8 tablespoons cold butter
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- For filling, gently combine peaches, raspberries, and sugar in a large bowl and let stand for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Drain peaches in a colander set over a large bowl, reserving the peach juices.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the drained peach juice, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in small bowl.
- Toss juice mixture with peaches and transfer to an 8 or 9 inch square pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon and either grate the cold butter with a large-hole cheese grater, or cut it into small cubes and use your fingers to crumble the mixture together. Sprinkle topping evenly over pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. The topping should look golden brown and crisp, the peaches should be bubbling.
- Let cool to luke warm before serving. Spoon over ice cream.
Happy National Peach Month, Peaches!!!