Does anyone else get butterflies when the stores set up all the back-to-school supplies? It’s so exciting! But there’s always so much to do before it begins. One of the first things I do is set up a special area for my girls to do their homework.
To make it look extra cute (and meaningful), I decided to make some felt pennants with some special messages for my girls to remember, especially while they’re at school. They are incredibly easy and didn’t take much time (although I did it the easy way, there’s a more time-consuming and neater way to do it, but I’ll explain in a bit).
- Pick 2-3 colors you want to use for each pennant.
- Cut two long triangles in two different colors (one for the actual pennant, and the other one for the letters).
- Cut a strip about an inch and a half thick along side the base of the triangle you are using for the letters. Cut 4 small strips using the scraps in the same color.
- Draw your words or phrases in the remainder part of the triangle. This way, you can see how the letters will be arranged on the pennant. (The more time-consuming way would be to print out the letters, cut them out, trace them on your pennant, then cut the felt letters out.)
- Cut out the letters
- Glue the strip and the letters on the front of the pennant, and the 2 pairs of strips on the back side so that they are sticking out.
- Wait for glue to dry and tack to the wall.
Other phrases you can do:
– Raise your hand
– No cuts
– Take risks
– Be prepared
– Be true
– Be humble
Aren’t they so fun and sweet?! My girls love their new space… Let the hard work begin! (Hopefully…)