Technically summer doesn’t start until June 21st, but with rising temperatures, we might as well start now by buying all the popsicles and constantly wear our swimsuits.
This fruit garland is the perfect way to say “I’m gonna eat healthy all summer”, even though you probably plan on drinking chocolate milkshakes every night.
– Paper pinwheels (I got 3 green, 3 orange, 2 red, 2 yellow)
– Colored cardstock or construction paper
– Hot Glue gun
– White ribbon
- Cut the ends off the paper pinwheels. Lay the white ribbon flat on the table. Glue the open fans onto the flat ribbon so that each one forms a semi-circle.
- Cut the parts of the fruit out of the construction paper.
Here’s what I used:
Kiwi = green fan + white semi circle + black dots
Orange = orange fan + 4 yellow tear drop shapes
Watermelon = red fan + green rind + black tear drop shapes
Grapefruit = yellow fan + pink tear drop shapes
- Hot glue fruit parts to the semi circles.
- Proudly display your colorful fruit garland