Do you like wrestlers? Do you like wrestlers filled with candy?? Then this project is for you!
Cinco De Mayo is coming up fast and this is a fun project to have on hand for your festivities. We love Cinco De Mayo around here, and these are a great activity for the kids… just don’t forget a blindfold and a stick!
– Cardboard (2 large circles, strips cut 4 inches wide for each piñata head)
– Tacky glue
– Masking tape
– Crepe Paper – I used red, green, and pink (cut in 4 inch wide strips). One roll of crepe paper covered my pinata, with some leftover.
– Cardstock in different colors
– A large needle and a thin rope or ribbon.
- Tape the cardboard strip around one of the cardboard circles to create a side for the shape. Tape the other circle to the other side of the strip.
2. Cut fringes in the strips of crepe paper. I fold or roll my strips so I can cut more than one layer at a time.
5. While the glue is drying, cut out cardstock shapes for the face of the mask. You’ll need a design for the eyes, nose, and mouth. You can add extra designs on the forehead, cheeks, or chin. Here’s what I ended up doing:
6. To put candy in, cut a strip at the top of the piñata and insert candies in one at a time. Hang it by threading a large needle with a small rope or ribbon, and insert it diagonally through the top and the back of the piñata head. The ribbon is now threaded through and can be used to hang on a tree.
Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!