The holiday season is finally here! If you are planning a party, I’ve got an easy photo backdrop that is not only inexpensive to make, but makes a big statement.
Here’s what you need:
– Large sheets of cardboard or foam board (The cheapest option is cardboard. I get mine at Costco… Just ask them!)
– Red and white paint
– A pencil
– String (about 20 in long)
– A push pin
– A box cutter
– Red and white craft paint
– Big foam brush
– Duct tape, clear fishing line/a needle, photo backdrop frame (optional)
1. Place the push pin in the center of the cardboard. Tie one end of the string to the push pin, and the other end to the pencil. (Essentially, you’re making a homemade compass to draw a large circle.)
4. Cut the circle out with the box cutter, paint the sections alternating red and white.
There are a few ways to hang up the circles: After the paint dries, thread the fishing line into the needle. Push the needle twice through the top of the circle, about 8 inches across. Tie the line to the top of the photo backdrop frame. You can also tape them to the wall.
They won’t look perfect up close, but from far away, they look amazing:
Add a Christmas tree and presents for extra props. This could even be a great backdrop for Santa Claus. The sweetest backdrop for everyone’s photos!