Pumpkin is one of my favorite fall flavors. Bread, cookies, cereal …they all taste amazing with pumpkin flavor added. Unfortunately, they are usually “limited edition” so we are only blessed with these delicious treats during the fall. But, if you can learn to make these pumpkin recipes, then you’re set for the whole year! This is why I’m so excited to share this pumpkin flavored recipe. It’s delicious and healthy.
Plus, no baking required!
These pumpkin pie energy bites are only sweetened by Medjool dates and coconut, so they are basically sugar free, but still sweet. A perfect combo.
This recipe calls for a food processor, but I was able to make it work with a blender on low/mix mode.
PUMPKIN PIE ENERGY BITES
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dates into a small bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. Adjust the spices to taste. Add more oats if dough is too sticky. Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Use your hands to form the dough into small balls. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.